Scholarship History and Description:
The Christopher M. West Memorial Scholarship was established by relatives and friends of Christopher M. West to assist first-year students entering Gonzaga University. Scholarships of varying amounts are offered annually to residents of Spokane County, WA and Sandpoint, ID, to graduates of Xavier Prep in Palm Desert, CA, and to children of Gonzaga graduates who served in the military.
Applications will be judged by an independent Christopher M. West Memorial Scholarship Committee established by the benefactors of the scholarship. Selection criteria include:
- Demonstration of humanitarianism through membership in honorary service clubs, participation in community service organizations, or unique individual humanitarian interests or deeds;
- Must be a resident of Spokane County, WA or Sandpoint, ID; or a graduate of Xavier Prep in Palm Desert, CA; or the child of a Gonzaga graduate who served in the military;
- Acceptance as a full-time, degree-seeking student at Gonzaga University.
To apply students must:
- Complete the Application for Admission to Gonzaga University by December 1.
- Complete the Christopher M. West Memorial Scholarship Application by January 1.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by December 1.
- Using the topic provided, submit the essay by January 1.