Gonzaga welcomes the experience and diversity that transfer students bring to the academic community. We'd like to make your transition as smooth as possible.
Eligibility for Admission
The transfer application is intended for students who have graduated high school and have enrolled in college coursework following high school graduation.
To apply for admission as a transfer student, you should be in good standing at your current or most recent institution and have earned at least 30 semester credits (45 quarter credits) of transferrable coursework from a regionally accredited institution, while maintaining a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7 or better.
First-year college transfer applicants must meet high school admission requirements in addition to a successful term of college work.
ENGINEERING: The School of Engineering and Applied Science has competitive, direct admission as an engineering major. This includes civil, computer, electrical, mechanical, engineering management as well as undecided engineering majors. Please note that direct admission does not apply to the computer science program. The Admission Committee requests that prospective transfer students meet the following criteria prior to admission:
- Engineering transfer students must achieve a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7 in a year’s worth of academic coursework from a regionally accredited institution;
- must complete one year of college Calculus at a 2.5 or higher – OR –
- if applying with less than a year’s worth of college coursework, must meet the high school admission requirements – AND - must have one semester of college Calculus at a 2.5 or higher PLUS an additional course in either Intro to Engineering, Programming, Physics, or General Chemistry.
NURSING: Admission to Gonzaga’s undergraduate Nursing program is not available to transfer, post-bac or reapplying students.
POST-BAC STUDENTS: A minimum of 30 semester credits must be completed in residence to qualify for a Gonzaga degree. You may also be required to complete additional core and/or major requirements depending on your prior degree coursework.
Please review our Transfer FAQ’s information carefully before initiating the transfer application process. If you have further questions, please contact Audrey Minton, email@example.com or 509-313-6579.
The Application Process
Before a transfer application can be reviewed for an admission decision, the following steps must be completed:
- Complete and submit the online Common Application for Transfer Students. Be sure to add Gonzaga to your “My Colleges” list on the Common Application.
- Submit one Common Application Academic Evaluation form from a college professor or academic advisor.
- Submit one Common Application College Report from your current or most recent institution. Have this form completed by a college official (i.e. Registrar or Dean of Students).
- Note: Gonzaga does not require the School Report, Mid-Term Report or Final Report forms from the Common Application.
- Submit official college transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended, regardless of whether or not credit was received. Transcripts can be mailed to the Office of Admission or sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Foreign transcripts will require an evaluation by World Education Services(WES) or Educational Credentials Evaluators (ECE).
- Veterans, please submit your official military transcripts for additional opportunities to receive elective credit for training. Note: credit awarded for military training cannot be included in the 30 semester credits required for admission eligibility.
- Submit a final high school transcript and SAT/ACT test scores if you are a first-year college transfer or a transfer with less than 30 semester credits earned and under the age of 21.
- Submit a $50 non-refundable application fee or fee waiver through the Common Application website.
- Having trouble SUBMITTING your Common Application to Gonzaga? Here's a step-by-step guide to assist you.
- March 1st –Financial Aid priority deadline
- June 1st – Final fall application deadline
Fall Enrollment Deadline: July 1st
Note: Course registration for fall transfers begins in early May. For best results, apply early!
- November 15th – final spring application deadline
Spring Enrollment Deadline: December 1st
Note: Course registration for spring transfers begins early December. For best results, apply early!
Please send all of your application materials to:Office of Admission
502 E. Boone Avenue
Spokane, WA 99258-0102