Gonzaga University has temporarily approved the use of the Duolingo English test in place of the TOEFL, IELTS, SAT, and ACT exams for international undergraduate applicants affected by testing center closures due to the Coronavirus. Duolingo tests taken between February 3, 2020 and July 31, 2020 will be accepted. Applicants will need to receive a Duolingo score of 110 or higher to satisfy the testing requirement and will be required to take Gonzaga’s English placement exam when they enroll.
Please review the Transfer Application Checklist:
- Complete Gonzaga's online Transfer Application.
- WAIVED: $50 application fee (contact email@example.com for the international student fee waiver instructions)
- Proof of English proficiency (choose from the following options)
- Completion of two U.S. college level English composition and/or speech courses with a 3.0 or higher, or
- Official TOEFL score of 550 written / 213 computer / 80 iBT, or
- Score of 6.0 or better on the IELTS, or
- An SAT EBRW of 550 or higher, or an ACT English subscore of 23, or
- Satisfactory completion of Gonzaga University’s English as a Second Language (ESL) program
- Applicants from the following countries are exempt from providing proof of English proficiency: Australia, Canada (except Quebec), Republic of Ireland, Liberia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Commonwealth Caribbean Countries
- Personal Essay and Activities List
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions. Please note that foreign transcripts must be evaluated by a professional foreign credential evaluation company. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for list of preferred companies.
- Note: if you have not completed at least 30 semester or 45 quarter credits of transferable work, please submit a final high school transcript
- One Transfer College Report
- One Teacher Recommendation
- Copy of Passport (emailed to email@example.com)
- If you need to send application materials, please use the following address:
Office of Admission
502 E. Boone Avenue
Spokane, WA 99258
Admitted students will be required to submit the following for immigration purposes:
- Completed Financial Declaration OR an official Sponsorship Letter
- Original bank statements which support the information provided on the Financial Declaration.