Gonzaga University collects a variety of information through this web site. Gonzaga University is the sole owner of all information collected through this site, and it does not sell, share, rent, or otherwise disclose this information except as described in this statement. Information may be collected at various points on the site and may change without notice. Use of this website is voluntary. By using this website, you agree to allow Gonzaga University to collect and use any information you provide through the use of the site, including personally identifiable information (“PII”) and non-personal information as described in this Privacy Statement.
Collection and Use of Non-personal information: Such information cannot be used to identify an individual personally. It is used to monitor site usage, health, and effectiveness, and it is also used to make improvements to the functionality and organization of the site. Non-personal information that may be collected and used includes, but is not limited to:
- The Internet Protocol (IP) address and name of the Internet domain used to access the Internet
- The IP address of the website that referred the user to the Gonzaga web site
- The date and time of access
- The pages visited
- The web browser and operating system used to access the web site
- Search terms used on the site
Collection of Personal information: Users may choose to voluntarily provide information on the site that could be used to identify them personally. This information is strictly voluntary – no personal information is collected unless the user provides it. Personal information that may be collected includes, but is not limited to:
- Contact information
- Employment information and history
- Education history
- Gift information
- University affiliation
- Information provided through online forms for a variety of purposes
Use of Personal Information: Gonzaga University may use personal information like that described above for the following purposes (this list may change without notice):
- Administer users’ participation in this web site
- Communicate information that may be of interest to users
- Fulfill requests for services or materials
- Contact users
- Confirm information provided by users
- Process gifts
- Conduct research or surveys
- Respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process
- Facilitate interactions with third parties
Sharing Personal Information: Personal information provided to Gonzaga University through this web site may be available to employees of the University or to authorized third parties who provide services to the University or to the users of this web site (www.gonzaga.edu). Select third parties may be provided with personal information from this web site in order to help the University fulfill its mission. Gonzaga University will take reasonable steps to ensure that these third parties are obligated to protect personal information on its behalf.
Links to Other Sites: Gonzaga University may provide links to other, third-party web sites from this site. Any such sites are regulated by the privacy policies of the providers of those web sites and not by this privacy statement. Gonzaga University is not responsible for the privacy practices, security, or content of any third-party sites.
Security: Gonzaga University takes reasonable precautions to safeguard the privacy and security of personal information provided by users of this web site. Gonzaga cannot guarantee the security or privacy of information provided to it through this web site. Users provide all such information at their own risk.