Nearly two-thirds of Gonzaga students qualify for financial aid. To apply for financial aid at Gonzaga, students are required to complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The 2024-2025 FAFSA application will be available in December. Gonzaga University uses the FAFSA to determine aid eligibility for all federal, state, and need-based institutional aid.
Current Undergraduate Students
We encourage undergraduate students to complete their FAFSA by February 1st to ensure consideration for federal, state, and institutional need-based aid.
Financial aid offers are available to view electronically in April.
The FAFSA Simplification Act significantly changes the processes and systems used to determine federal student aid eligibility. The FAFSA Simplification Act aims to update the terminology used in the financial aid process, expand access to Pell Grants, and streamline the FAFSA form. The 2024-2025 FAFSA is expected to be available in December 2023. For more information, please review the FAFSA Simplification webpage.
- Washington student residents can submit the WASFA (Washington Application For State Financial Aid) as soon as possible. The WASFA is specifically for low-income, non-citizen students that attended a Washington High School who are unable to file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) due to immigration status.
- Non-Washington residents should fill out and submit the Needs Analysis Form to apply for need-based financial aid.
- For more information about financial aid and scholarships at Gonzaga, please contact the Financial Aid Office by email (email@example.com) or by phone, 509-313-6582.
All undergraduate international students who apply for admission are automatically considered for a merit scholarship. International students are not eligible to apply for federal financial aid through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). International students do have the option to apply for a private loan, and certain private lenders may require a U.S. based cosigner. For more information on private loan options please take a look at our Private Alternative Loan Webpage.
Additional International Cost and Scholarship Information:
- International Student and Scholarship Services (ISSS)
- Cost and Scholarships for International Students
- International Student Admission
- International Graduate Student Scholarship