Gonzaga Honors Portfolio
We know you are more than your GPA – we want to get to know you as a potential Honors Zag! Please submit an electronic portfolio (a slideshow, video link, Canva presentation, Word document, PDF, etc.) that serves as an introduction to what you will bring to the Gonzaga Honors community: your talents, passions, and aspirations for the future. We are looking for evidence of curiosity, creativity, commitment, uniqueness, effort, and resilience. We are excited to see your talent, read your writing, watch your robots, envision your business plan, accompany you in your service, dream with you about your future, or whatever you would like to share.
You will have the option of submitting a link to a video or audio file. If you choose to create a video or audio file, please limit it to five minutes. You may also upload a document or slideshow.
If you are sharing something you created for a different context (a class assignment, work of art, etc), please explain why you have chosen it as an introduction of yourself to the Honors Program.
Online Honors Program Application
Acceptance to the Program presupposes a complete and successful application to the University itself.
Honors Application Opens: November 1
Honors Application Deadline: January 1
Gonzaga Admission Decisions Sent: End of February
Honors Decision Notifications Sent: Early March
Honors & Gonzaga Enrollment Confirmation Date: May 1
EligibilityAcceptance into the Honors Program is through an application and electronic portfolio, and will be based on:
- Intellectual achievement, leadership skills, self-expression, service to others, curiosity, creativity, commitment, and resilience
- While there is no minimum GPA to be admitted to the program, current students in the program entered with a range of 3.61-4.0 unweighted GPA.
- Test scores are optional. For those who submitted test scores in the first-year class, the middle 50% had a range of 29-33 ACT and 1360-1450 SAT. There will be no penalty for submitting an Honors application without test scores; GPA, curriculum, writing, and activities will be evaluated with a little more weight when a test score is not submitted. Be sure to mark your Gonzaga Application for Admission with your preference of using or not using your test score (if you have one) so we use your preference with the Honors Application as well.
The following checklist outlines how to complete the Honors Application process:
1. Complete and submit the Honors Application including:
• Online Honors Program Application
• Gonzaga Honors Portfolio
2. Complete and submit the Gonzaga University Application for Admission including:
• Application for Admission
• Supplemental Information (if applicable)
• Academic Teacher Evaluation
• School Report
• Official High School and College Transcripts (if applicable)
Students accepted into the Honors Program who want to attend must submit the University Confirmation Deposit and notify the Honors Program Coordinator by May 1.
Thank you for your interest in the Gonzaga Honors Program!
Contact for Questions:
Carie A. Weeks
Associate Director of Admission
Honors Program Coordinator