Gonzaga University is updating our events, meeting, and visitor protocol effective March 2022. Please see below for detailed information.
Updated Organized Indoor Event Protocol:
- Proof of vaccination or negative test will not be required for on-campus events effective immediately (please note: additional COVID-19 precautions may be required during Commencement weekend, May 7th -8th. Additional information is forthcoming).
- GUEST Services has opened submissions for external third-party event requests effective immediately.
- Third-party (non-GU) event hosts holding an event on campus may elect to require proof of vaccination or a negative test for their event. This requirement should be clearly communicated to attendees in advance. It is expected that compliance for this elective requirement will managed by the event hosts and organizers, University staff will not be responsible for enforcing event requirements related to proof of vaccination.
- The current indoor masking requirements will remain in place for all indoor University events until March 25th.
- Masks will no longer be automatically required for indoor events starting on March 26th.
- Hosts and organizers of on-campus events may elect to require masking for specific indoor events. This requirement should be clearly communicated to attendees in advance. It is recommended that event hosts be prepared to provide masks for those who need a mask for entry. It is expected that compliance for an event-specific masking requirement will be managed by the event hosts and organizers.
- Any individual attending an event on-campus has the right to wear a mask for any reason, without explanation, in or on any campus facility or location, free of harassment or questioning, in accordance with State law. This includes any environment where the wearing of masks is considered optional by others.
Updated Visitor Guidelines:
- Beginning March 26, 2022, masks are no longer required for all visitors in indoor settings, unless specifically directed by campus hosts.
- Most University buildings are currently closed to outside visitors. Access is granted to visitors via Gonzaga escorts and hosts. Access to campus buildings will be provided during official campus tours hosted by the Admissions Office.
- Visitors to campus are not required to show proof of vaccination or a negative test for entry to campus, unless specifically directed by campus hosts.
- It is encouraged that visitors who are not fully vaccinated continue to wear masks and practice physical distancing, unless outdoors and separated from people not of their immediate household by at least six feet.
- Currently, there are no restrictions or requirements for capacity limitations or physical distancing for on-campus events.