Fall 2020 Campus Reopening
The health, safety and welfare of our students, faculty, staff and local community is the number one shared priority as we look to manage operations during the global pandemic.
- Our updated approach, rooted in our Mission, provides flexibility for students and families to choose if they wish to attend remotely or on campus. Our Frequently Asked Questions cover many common questions.
- Our plans were developed by a campus-wide Pandemic Response Task Force, based on guidance from local, state and federal agencies. Read the Student Arrival & Return to Gonzaga Guide for details.
- No matter the discipline or mode of course delivery, our goal is to continue to foster the tight-knit and supportive community that is a hallmark of the Gonzaga experience.
- New Student Orientation and phased move-in will begin Wednesday, Aug. 26. Returning students who live on campus begin phased move-in Saturday, Aug. 29.
- Undergraduate classes will begin Tuesday, Sept. 1 and conclude Friday, Dec. 11, with the last day of finals Friday, Dec. 18.
- Students will have the option to return home for Thanksgiving break, or stay on campus through the end of the semester. All instruction after break will be distance delivery. We will ask students who elect to travel outside of Spokane County for the Thanksgiving Break not to return to campus for the remainder of the semester.
We believe that together, we can set the stage for a thoughtful and carefully managed educational experience.