Fall 2020 Campus Reopening
The health, safety and welfare of our students, faculty, staff and local community is the number one shared priority as we look to manage operations during the global pandemic.
- Our plans are being developed by a campus-wide Pandemic Response Task Force, based on guidance from local, state and federal agencies.
- Our approach is rooted in our Mission and will be implemented with the goal of continuing to foster a tight-knit and supportive community.
- New Student Orientation and phased move-in will begin Wednesday, Aug. 26. Returning students who live on campus begin phased move-in Saturday, Aug. 29.
- Undergraduate classes will begin Tuesday, Sept. 1 and conclude Friday, Dec. 11, with the last day of finals Friday, Dec. 18.
- Students will have the option to return home for Thanksgiving break, or stay on campus through the end of the semester. All instruction after break will be distance delivery. We will ask students who elect to travel outside of Spokane County for the Thanksgiving Break not to return to campus for the remainder of the semester.
We believe that together, we can set the stage for a thoughtful and carefully managed educational experience.
Updates to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- Added "Is Pre-Orientation registration open?" in the Questions for New Students group on the New & Returning Students page.
- Added questions related to scheduling events and contacting Gonzaga University Event Services Team (GUEST) in the Employees Returning to Campus page.
- Added Alumni, Donors, and Friends page.
- Added Housing and Residence Life page