|TO:||Gonzaga Students, Colleagues and Families|
|FROM:||Kent Porterfield, Ed.D., Vice Provost for Student Affairs|
|SUBJ:||Supporting the Mental Health of Our Students and University Community|
|DATE:||November 9, 2022|
In preparation for the upcoming Thanksgiving break, when travel and large gatherings are expected, Gonzaga University has worked with the Spokane Regional Health District to ensure COVID-19 testing strategies are in place to help keep our campus community safe.
Members of the on-campus community are encouraged to continue personal vigilance and are required to wear masks in indoor settings. This includes practicing social distancing when possible, washing hands frequently, and getting tested for COVID-19 prior to and upon return from Thanksgiving travel following the recommendations and requirements below. Please note that we are requiring all unvaccinated undergraduate students who attend classes on campus to get tested upon return from Thanksgiving travel. This requirement does not apply to graduate students. Even if you are not traveling - perhaps enjoying Friendsgiving in Spokane - please be alert to safety precautions when it comes to COVID-19 risks.
Know where and when you can visit testing sites on-campus and off-campus. Details on locations, times offices are open, and costs are available at: https://www.gonzaga.edu/zagon/testing.
COVID-19 Testing for Thanksgiving
Pre-Thanksgiving Testing – up to 72 hours prior to travel
- For students who are symptomatic or have been exposed, we strongly recommended that you get a COVID-19 test.
- For students who are unvaccinated or whose vaccinations are in-progress, we recommend that you get a COVID-19 test prior to holiday travel.
- For students who are fully vaccinated and symptom-free, no action is required.
Post-Thanksgiving Testing - Between 3-5 days after traveling or after you return to campus and before engaging in activities
- For students who are symptomatic or have been exposed to COVID-19, we strongly recommend you get a test.
- For all undergraduate students who attend classes on campus who are unvaccinated, or whose vaccination plan is in-progress, COVID-19 testing is required. Failure to comply may impact your enrollment status. Expect additional recommendations within the next few days.
- For students who are fully vaccinated and symptom-free, no action is needed.
Students who would like a ‘peace of mind’ test before joining family gatherings should visit https://www.gonzaga.edu/zagon/testing to explore options.
Starting November 15 through December 4, the GU COVID-19 HOTLINE will be available to answer any questions or concerns regarding testing pre/post-Thanksgiving break; 509-313-7070.
Thank you for your continued vigilance in keeping yourself, your family, and our community safe and healthy through the holiday season.