The Center will be hosting Fall speakers on emerging issues and hot topics. All Center events will be held remotely via Zoom.
Health & Technology Policy 2020 Symposium
Friday, October 9, 2020
10:00am - 2:30pm
Join us for a virtual symposium, celebrating the launch of the Health & Technology Policy Project.
The event will include two academic panels:
- Health, AI, and the Internet of Things
- The Technological Response to COVID-19
The symposium will feature keynote speaker Frank Pasquale, Professor of Law at Brooklyn Law School and author of New Laws of Robotics: Defending Human Expertise in the Age of AI.
Pasquale also wrote The Black Box Society: The Secret Algorithms that Control Money and Information.
10:00 - 10:15am: Introductory Remarks
10:15 - 10:45am: Keynote by Frank Pasquale
10:45 - 11:00am: Break
11:00am - 12:30pm: Panel 1: Health, AI, and the Internet of Things
- Nicholson Price (University of Michigan Law School)
- Charlotte Tschider (Loyola University Chicago School of Law)
- Colin Walsh (Vanderbilt University Medical Center)
- Sara Gerke (Harvard Law School)
Moderator: Mason Marks (Gonzaga University School of Law)
12:30 - 1:00pm: Break
1:00 - 2:30pm: Panel 2: The Technological Response to COVID-19
- Ana Santos Rutschman (Saint Louis University School of Law)
- Doron Dorfman (Syracuse University College of Law)
- Patricia Zettler (The Ohio State University Mortiz College of Law)
- Nathan Cortez (Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law)
Moderator: Claudia Haupt (Northeastern University School of Law)