University Legal Services (ULA) is a non-profit law firm that provides legal advice, representation and counseling without charge to low-income community members. ULA is located in Gonzaga University School of Law and cases are handled by second- and third-year law students under the direct supervision of attorneys.
ULA offers legal assistance to low-income residents in our community on a variety of matters. Feel free to apply for our services based on the criteria below.
- We provide representation, advice and counseling without charge to low-income persons 60 years of age and older who are residents of Spokane County.
- We assist low-income taxpayers with Federal tax problems before the Internal Revenue Service and the United States Tax Court.
- We provide legal representation to not-for-profit environmental programs in the Inland Northwest.
- We represent members of the Kalispel Tribe in civil and misdemeanor criminal matters.
- We assist start-up and development-stage enterprises in business formation and related matters.
To Get Legal Assistance:
Apply to University Legal Assistance directly by calling (509) 313-5791 or contact the Northwest Justice Project’s Coordinated Legal Education, Advice, and Referral CLEAR Service.