Welcome to Gonzaga University!
We are pleased that you are joining the Gonzaga University campus community. As you prepare for your time as a Zag, we would like to introduce you to the Health and Counseling Services (HCS) offered on campus. HCS is here to support your healthcare needs during your time at Gonzaga. In addition, the FAQs below can help you complete steps required in preparation for your arrival to campus.
New first-year students are required to complete documentation related to immunizations, health history, insurance, and several other items. Access to and information about completing these requirements can be found through the HCS online health portal. You can access the portal by clicking on the button below and entering your Gonzaga University login information.
For Gonzaga students starting in the Summer and Fall 2021 semesters, required information is due July 15th. All required information must be submitted. Unsubmitted documentation may result in a hold placed on requested class scheduled changes and registration for upcoming courses.
For assistance with finding your immunization records, please click the Locating your Immunization Records link.
- Prior to coming to campus, visit with your local healthcare provider and/or mental healthcare provider to make sure your have what you need when you come to Gonzaga.
- If you have chronic healthcare or mental healthcare needs, make a plan with your healthcare provider and/or mental healthcare provider to ensure the best transition to life at Gonzaga. HCS can support your healthcare on campus and is able to work collaboratively with your current provider(s) when needed.
- If you take medications, be sure you have an adequate supply as you make a transition to campus.
- Pack a first aid kit and self-care supplies for minor healthcare needs you might experience when away from home. Visit the HCS Self-Care Store for some ideas.
- Be sure your required and recommended immunizations are up to date.
- Review your health insurance coverage and what it covers once you are in Spokane, WA. Health insurance is not required but HCS strongly recommends it. Please click the Student Health Insurance link for more information on insurance.
- Identify emergency contacts you would like us to notify in case of a health emergency.
For services offered at Health and Counseling Services, please click on the Our Services link.
For services offered after Health and Counseling Services business hours, please click on the After Hours link.
If you still have questions about your healthcare, requirements prior to arrival, our services, or other healthcare needs, please feel free to contact us at 509-313-4052 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you!