Counseling Services

Health and Counseling Services provides counseling sessions that are available on a short-term basis for currently enrolled students who have concerns which may impede their academic progress.  There is no fee for the individual counseling services. A counselor will decide with the student how many sessions will be needed--not to exceed the limits of our short-term model. Confidentiality is strictly maintained. No information is released to anyone without the student's written consent.

Please call Health and Counseling Services at 509-313-4052 for a counseling appointment.


Students who are enrolled in an on-campus degree-seeking program are eligible to receive care at Health & Counseling Services.  At this time, non-matriculated and Virtual Campus students are not eligible to receive care at Health & Counseling Services.

Counseling Services Provided

  • Anxiety / Depression
  • Career / Vocational
  • Difficulty Sleeping
  • Discrimination / Harassment
  • Eating Disorder / Body Image
  • Drug or Alcohol Misuse
  • Grief & Loss
  • Homesickness / Loneliness
  • Psychiatric Needs
  • Relationships
  • Roommate Conflict
  • Self-esteem
  • Sexuality
  • Stress Management
  • Suicidal Thoughts 

Referral Service

Occasionally, students have concerns that may require specialized services or long-term therapeutic care. Our counselors can serve as consultants in the process of referral to appropriate community professionals.  Some concerns for specialized services include: alcohol rehabilitation, family therapy, eating disorders, chronic psychological conditions, long-term therapy, and learning disabilities assessment.

In these cases, we can provide students with a list of local providers who have worked with Gonzaga students in the past. It is up to the student to confirm insurance coverage with these providers before seeking care.

Transportation to these off-campus appointments can be arranged by submitting an online reservation or calling 509-313-4052.

Completion of Orders from External Providers

Many students see mental health specialists at home or in the Spokane community for ongoing care. On occasion, those providers will request blood work, weight/vitals checks*, or EKGs. Health and Counseling Services can provide these services. EKGs or bloodwork requires a written order with the date and time, specific tests, diagnosis code, and provider's signature.