College of Arts and Sciences
Department of Psychology
Degree: B.A. in Psychology
- Being able to demonstrate a breadth of content knowledge across the discipline of psychology (assessed using MFT).
- Being able to articulate the basic ethical principles that govern research and practice in psychology.
- Being able identify and find relevant empirical research on a given topic and being able to read, understand, and evaluate that research.
- After reviewing research/theory, being able to ask an interesting question/develop a hypothesis.
- Being able to design a study to test a hypothesis.
- Being able to compare, contrast, integrate, and synthesize different theoretical perspectives around a given problem and identify strengths and weakness of each approach.
- Being able to write using the conventions of APA style.
- Concise, declarative, active, non-biased
- Coherent structure, progression of ideas
- Symposium/discussion format
- Poster format
- Formal paper presentation with visual aids