Student Costs and Payment Options
The University’s cost of providing a Gonzaga education is not borne solely by student tuition and fees. The annual Jesuit community gift, endowment income, and gifts of many types from individuals, firms, and foundations constitute some of the other revenue sources essential for a balanced budget.
However, revenue from student charges constitutes most of Gonzaga’s income. Student charges (less verified financial aid) are payable in full in U.S. dollars on a per semester basis, no later than three weeks prior to the beginning of the term. Knowing that payment in full presents a burden for many parents and students, Gonzaga offers installment plans each semester which spread payments over four months.
4-Month Installment Payment Plan (per semester)
Gonzaga University has partnered with CASHNet to provide a completely automated and paperless 4-month semester payment plan.
Installment Payment Plan features:
- Interest free
- Real-time account balance information through CASHNet for students and their authorized payers.
- The total semester cost, less verified financial aid (excluding work study and pending outside scholarships) can be set up in 4 equal monthly installments.
- Automatic payment enrollment (optional)
- Enrollment is by semester and includes a $50 non-refundable enrollment fee each term
Fall Semester 4 Month Plan (Enrollment Deadline August 10, 2021)
- In mid-July, all registered students and their authorized payers will receive email notification that the fall semester Statement of Account and payment options are ready to view in CASHNet. At this time, the option to enroll in the Installment Payment Plan for fall semester will be available.
- Sign up for the Installment Payment Plan (online only). There is a $50 enrollment fee, which will be required in addition to your first payment for August.
- Payments are due monthly, the tenth of each month, beginning August 10, 2021 through November 10, 2021.
Spring Semester 4 Month Plan (Enrollment Deadline January 10, 2022)
- In mid-December, all registered students and their authorized payers will receive email notification that the spring semester Statement of Account and payment options are ready to view in CASHNet. At this time, the option to enroll in the Installment Payment Plan for spring semester will be available.
- Sign up for the Installment Payment Plan (online only). There is a $50 enrollment fee, which will be required in addition to your first payment for January.
- Payments are due monthly, the tenth of each month, beginning January 10, 2022 through April 10, 2022.
- Students accepted to the University after the installment plan deadline dates may still enroll within two weeks of their acceptance, making up any missed payments and will not be assessed the additional $25 late enrollment fee.
- Students are not eligible to enroll in an installment plan if they owe for a previous term.
- The payment plan covers only one term, so you will need to re-enroll every term.
- Students can only be enrolled in one Payment Plan each semester.
Note: All charges are payable in U.S. funds. Student Accounts accepts checks for payment on account. Electronic payment is also available which includes e-Check at no charge to the student and credit card payment through American Express, MasterCard, Discover and VISA with a 2.75% convenience fee. An international payment option is available through Flywire. Billing statements are available ONLINE only. For additional information, go to: www.gonzaga.edu/studentaccounts and click on the ‘Billing and Payment’ link.
Third Party Sponsors
A student whose account will be paid by a corporate or foreign sponsor, a government agency, a religious institution, a scholarship foundation or trust account, requires proof of sponsorship in the Student Accounts Office to settle their account.
Graduate level students completely withdrawing from the University must obtain a Complete Withdrawal form from the Registrar’s Office. Tuition adjustments are calculated in Student Accounts. Final adjustments are based on the effective dates of withdrawals and exclude non-refundable fees. Room and Board is prorated throughout the semester. Laboratory fees are not refunded after the first full week of classes. Financial aid funds are refunded in accordance with federal, state, and University regulations.
The tuition adjustment schedules for dropped courses and complete withdrawals is posted at www.gonzaga.edu/studentaccounts and is also available in the Student Financial Services Office.