First-Year Students with College Credit

Many high school students are taking courses that will transfer to four-year colleges. Students and families often have questions on how to apply, how credits transfer, etc. We are here to help! View the FAQs below to learn more. 

Reach out to if you have further questions. 

FAQs for high school students with college credit:

No. Transfer students are students who earn college credit AFTER graduating high school. If you are still in high school, but earning college/transfer credit, you would apply as a first-year student with college credit. 

All college credit is evaluated on a course-by-course basis. You can see how past courses have transferred in by checking out our Transfer Credit Database. Please note: the Transfer Credit Database may not include ALL courses that could transfer to Gonzaga. We also have transfer agreements for specified associate’s degrees, along with Core waivers, that you can read about here. If you would like more information on how your credit will transfer in, please contact your admission counselor
Students can send official transcripts at anytime, though we encourage students to send college transcripts after being offered admission. If admitted, you should request official college transcripts (from all institutions awarding college credit) to be sent to Gonzaga University. This will allow GU to provide you with a transfer credit report so you are able to view how your credits will transfer to Gonzaga.
After admission decisions are sent AND after Gonzaga receives official college transcripts from the institutions awarding your credit, you will receive a transfer credit report. This report outlines how your courses transfer to Gonzaga. Students will typically receive this within 3-4 weeks of official college transcripts being received.