Welcome to Gonzaga University!
First Year Experience Programs is dedicated to assisting you in a successful transition into the Gonzaga University community. The Office is a one-stop shop in finding and connecting to resources on campus. Whether you are looking for assistance in academic tutoring, finding a flag football team or ways to serve the community, we will be able to get you on the right path. Through the rich experiences and supportive campus community, the First Year Experience Programs is a great resource for you.
We invite you to come visit our office in the Crosby Student Center, Room 110. Whether you are a freshman, international, transfer, veteran or returning adult, we make a commitment to you today help be your map you need for your first year at Gonzaga.
First Year Experience Programs develops and facilitates an exemplary program of New Student Orientation and year-long transitional programs. New students (including first year, international, athletes, transfer, veterans, and non-traditional) are provided a holistic introduction to the university, connections to students with faculty, staff, and current students and support to their development and success during their first year.
- Provide students opportunities to transition safely into the Gonzaga University and greater Spokane communities.
- Provide students with the ability to navigate and connect with the physical environment of the campus and identify campus and city resources.
- Provide participants with an integrated social support system and connection with Gonzaga students, staff and faculty.
- Provide participants with information and opportunities to explore the liberal arts heritage for academic success.
- Participants will be acquainted with mission, Jesuit Catholic values, cultivating an ethic of service and social justice that support their spiritual development.
Commitment to Inclusion
First Year Experience Programs is committed to cultivating a community of inclusion and diversity. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment by or toward any individuals in our programs and trainings.
First Year Experience Programs at Gonzaga University is an active member of NODA (The Association for Orientation, Transition, and Retention in Higher Education). NODA is the professional association for collegiate orientation, transition, and retention programming. NODA views orientation as an ongoing and multifaceted transition process which involves academic, intellectual, and personal development. First Year Experience Programs and Gonzaga University are members of Region 1 of NODA. Please visit the NODA Website for more information about the association, statements of ethical standards, and careers in orientation, transition, and retention.