- Gonzaga’s Mission Statement describes who we are, what we do, and how we do it.
- Jesuit. Catholic. Humanistic. What does Gonzaga mean by these three characteristics? Find out in Gonzaga University’s Statement of Affirmation.
- This desktop primer on Jesuit Education & Ignatian Pedagogy provides a helpful overview.
- Hearing some funny words around campus? Do You Speak Ignatian? is a wonderful glossary to help you learn the Jesuit lingo.
- What does it mean to be Jesuit? This is a creative response offered by our sister school, Le Moyne College.
- Get to know the basics of Ignatian Spirituality” here.
- This video is an animation based on the life of the founder of the Jesuit order, St. Ignatius of Loyola, written, produced and narrated by Jason Kapell of the Fairfield University Media Center.
- Worldwide reflection on Jesuit education has led to the Ignatian Pedagogical Paradigm (IPP), a model for bringing to life the Jesuit vision in the teaching-learning experience.
- Teaching to the Mission is a pedagogical resource in which faculty describe how they incorporate Jesuit mission and identity into their courses, from a variety of disciplines.
- How does a Catholic, Jesuit university engage and advance the Catholic Intellectual Tradition? Our sister school, Boston College, offers a thoughtful response.
- Explore “Conversations on Catholic Identity at a Jesuit University: An E-Seminar” through Xavier University, yet another Jesuit school.
- Find daily readings from the Catholic Lectionary.
- Creighton University, a sister Jesuit school, invites members of their community to write daily reflections.
- A calendar of Religious Holy Days and Observances is available.
- Grounded in the spirituality of the Jesuits, this site offers you resources to go deeper in your relationship with God.
- Make time for prayer in your daily life utilizing this resource.
Foundational Documents on Jesuit, Catholic Higher Education
- Some Characteristics of Jesuit Colleges and Universities: A Self Evaluation Instrument - AJCU presidents and US provincials, 2013
- The Jesuit Catholic Mission of Jesuit Colleges and Universities - AJCU, 2010
- Ex Corde Ecclesiae - Pope John Paul II, 1990, an Apostolic Constitution on Catholic universities
- Themes of Jesuit Higher Ed.Former Superior General - Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, SJ, 1989
- Themes of Catholic Social Teaching, USCCB, 2005
- For more documents, please visit this Jesuit Resource site or this site.
Jesuit and Catholic Higher Education Conferences, Meetings, and Programs
Talk to the Mission and Ministry team about participating in the following opportunities:
- Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities (AJCU) Conferences (affinity groups, Justice in Jesuit Higher Education, Western Conversations)
- Ignatian Colleagues Program
- Association of Catholic Colleges and Universities (ACCU) Annual Meeting and Pre-Conference Events
- ACCU Mission Leadership Institute
- Collegium: A Colloquy on Faith and Intellectual Life
- Ignatian Pilgrimage