The John J. Hemmingson Center offers a variety of dining options including The COG with six restaurant-style stations, grab-and-go items from Starbucks, Einstein Bros. Bagels and The Marketplace, and The Bulldog, a full-service restaurant.
John J. Hemmingson Center Dining
The Hemmingson Center offers a variety of dining options from resident dining, grab and go items and a full-service restaurant. Find hours of operation and menus under each location.
Starbucks - Located on the first floor, this full-service Starbucks serves high-quality whole bean coffees along with fresh, rich-brewed, Italian style espresso beverages, premium teas, a variety of pastries and confections, and coffee-related accessories and equipment. Starbucks Hours and Menu
- Wolfgang Puck Pizza - Located on the first floor, we are proud to offer Wolfgang Puck Pizza, whose name has become synonymous with culinary passion and the very best in eating and dining well. The menu will have something for everyone, featuring fresh salads, specialty sandwiches and wood oven pizzas. Hours and Menu Coming Soon
- The Marketplace - Located on the first floor, the Marketplace store focuses on local, fresh and seasonal products. Soups, sandwiches, salads and even sushi will be made from scratch daily. Gluten free, dairy free, organic and GMO free products will be featured along with typical convenience items such as candy, gum and chips. The Marketplace Hours and Menu
- The Bulldog - Located on the second floor of the John J. Hemmingson Center, The Bulldog features a full sit down restaurant experience, a quick service takeout menu, as well as local wines and draft beers in a safe and healthy environment. The Bulldog Hours and Menu
The COG, Circulus Omnium Gonzaga-orum, roughly meaning 'a meeting place for all Gonzagans,' is the resident dining hall located on both the first and second floors. Gonzaga residents, faculty, staff and guests are all welcome to dine, socialize and explore our expanded dining options.
The COG offers six unique restaurant-style stations ranging from Classic Americana comfort food at Spike's Diner to flavors from around the world from the World's Fare and Mediterranean Coast to vegetarian, vegan and allergy-free options at Zagriculture which offers seasonal produce from our own rooftop hydroponic greenhouse:
- Daily Bread: Fresh deli-style sandwiches featuring house-baked breads, homemade soups and baked goods from our own bakery.
- Spikes: Classic American comfort food 360 Degrees: Mongolian-style grill stationed at the center of the COG serving fresh stir fry custom-made for each guest.
- Zagriculture: Plant-based meals featuring sustainable, seasonal food and produce from the campus greenhouse.
- Mediterranean Coast: Dishes inspired by the cultures surrounding the Mediterranean Sea, including pizzas and flatbreads from the wood fired oven.
- World’s Fare/Simple Servings: Serving cuisine inspired by dishes around the globe. This station also features our Simple Servings platform – menus designed free of the 8 most common food allergens – allowing students with food allergies to dine with confidence and convenience.
Check the Bite app and Zag Dining’s Snapchat for daily menus! The COG Hours and Menu.