The Gonzaga University Sustainable Business LLC presents an opportunity for business majors to live and study together. Sustainable Business LLC residents benefit from access to differentiated courses, guest speakers, extra-curricular activities, and LLC specific resources, which should strengthen their foundational development as future professionals. In particular, the LLC experiences are designed around developing a sustainable business mindset in students that considers a wide range of diverse stakeholders, and is ultimately goal-driven, resilient, integrity-centered, and analytic.
Located In: Kennedy Apartments
Open To: All second-year business (major/minor) students.
Benefits of the Business LLC Program
- Live and learn with other business majors.
- Participate in special events and activities tailored toward business students.
- Explore the theme of sustainability and sustainable business.
- Engage in special opportunities and programming at Gonzaga and around Spokane.
- Develop an ethos informed by Jesuit values for the common good and being for and with others.
Value and Learning Outcomes:
At the end of the academic year, Sustainable Business LLC students will be/have:
- Able to intentionally communicate using effective professional writing techniques.
- Knowledgeable about sustainability and related CSR reporting topics.
- Developed habits for navigating ethical challenges while considering a wide range of stakeholders.
- Taken opportunities to network with professionals and other members of the Gonzaga community interested in sustainable business practices and reporting.
Sustainable Business LLC students must:
- Remain in good academic standing with the Business School and Gonzaga University.
- Remain in good social standing with Gonzaga University and Housing & Residence Life Department.
- Participate in a certain number of LLC related activities throughout the academic year.
- Register for and remain in Accounting 260 and 261 during time of residence in the LLC (note: the plan is to offer this class during the same days and times for fall and spring).
Note: Students do NOT need to be enrolled in the Sustainable Business minor to participate in the Sustainable Business LLC.