The Gonzaga University Dance LLC creates a unique opportunity for students interested in Dance to live and study together. Residents benefit from access to special opportunities, guest speakers, and resources to strengthen their development as future arts advocates, supporters, and professionals. Curricular and co-curricular aspects of the LLC are designed around developing an interdisciplinary mindset that is accessible, creative, global, and holistic.
Located In: Kennedy Apartments
Open To: All students interested in dance and dance majors/minors
Benefits of the LLC Program
- Live and learn with majors/minors of similar study.
- Participate in special events and activities tailored toward Dance students.
- Discover special opportunities at Gonzaga and around Spokane.
- Develop an awareness of opportunities at Gonzaga and around Spokane.
- Develop an ethos informed by Jesuit values for the common good and being for and with others.
At the end of the academic year LLC students will:
- Participate in dance programs and activities and seek to find a sense of place.
- Engage in opportunities to create with others and recognize alternative perspectives outside of the classroom.
- Discuss the importance of diversity, equity and inclusion in the arts.
- Demonstrate a commitment to interdisciplinary collaboration.
- Appraise your academic goals and think about methods of aligning the goals with your passion for the arts.
LLC students must:
- Remain in good academic standing with their respective department and Gonzaga University.
- Remain enrolled in minimum requirements for LLC related courses.
- Students will be registered for Fall Semester DANC 165: Interdisciplinary Art taught by Suzanne Ostersmith.
- Remain in good social standing with Gonzaga University and Housing & Residence Life Department.
- Participate in a certain number of LLC related activities throughout the academic year.