The Gonzaga University Nursing LLC creates a unique opportunity for nursing majors to live and study together. Students participate in special events and activities designed to connect them to the nursing profession, and network with nursing administrators, faculty, and student leaders. Students will be registered for a second-year nursing course together as an LLC unit. This will open up for opportunities for support in and out of the classroom.
Located In: Kennedy Apartments
Open To: All second-year Nursing students.
Benefits of the College of Nursing LLC Program
- Live and learn with other nursing majors.
- Participate in special events and activities tailored toward nursing students.
- Explore many aspects of the nursing profession.
- Discover special opportunities at Gonzaga and around Spokane,
- Develop the professionalism associated with the career of nursing.
- Develop an ethos informed by Jesuit values for the common good and being for and with others.
Value and Learning Outcomes:
- Provides an opportunity for students to step away from stressors of school, and cultivates an environment for mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual well-being.
- Encourages individuals' personal accomplishment of academic goals, and success.
- Develops supportive environment which emphasizes team comradery and cohesion by honoring others' success and promotes others to ask for support when needed.
- Fosters a community which teaches, encourages, and celebrates vulnerability and resilience among classmates.
- Celebrates and supports individuality among peers, while pursuing a shared journey as a community/cohort.
Nursing LLC students must:
- Remain in good academic standing with the Nursing School and Gonzaga University.
- Register for and remain enrolled in LLC related courses Nursing 210 and 251.
- Remain in good social standing with Gonzaga University and Housing & Residence Life Department.
- Participate in a certain number of LLC related activities throughout the academic year.