The Gonzaga University School of Law Board of Advisors plays an important advisory role in assisting the dean of the law school as he/she navigates the challenges of legal education. Members of the Board are appointed by the dean and are selected for their distinction as leaders in law, business, service to the public, and demonstrated commitment to the school.
Board members represent a diversity of experiences, interests and geographic regions across the country. The group meets twice a year to discuss a wide range of issues including the legal profession, legal education, short-term and long-term plans for Gonzaga School of Law, and ongoing concerns in areas related to student admissions and careers, alumni and constituent development, and resource needs. The Board’s input, expertise and energy are critical to maintaining the school’s long standing tradition of excellence.
"The Board of Advisors provides an opportunity to combine passion for the law with passion for Gonzaga by interacting with the current generation of law students and educators. We have the chance to share our experience, contribute our time/talent/treasure and be inspired by the ideals of GU's current attendees in ways that help to continue building Zag lawyers." - The Hon. Timothy B. Fennessy, ’83
- To attend and actively participate in the bi- annual meetings of the Board of Advisors.
- To represent the law school actively, visibly, and consistently by providing thoughtful counsel to the dean, faculty, and administrators to ensure the law school’s continued growth and development.
- To act as ambassadors and advocates of the law school with its graduates and friends.
- To strengthen and develop graduates’ and friends’ ties to the law school through local and regional activities, annual reunions and other involvement opportunities.
- To provide and inspire financial support to the law school to the best of one’s ability and in a way that will set an example and benchmark for other alumni and friends.
Members of the Board of Advisors
Mr. Jefferson Boswell, '09
Mr. Jaime Cuevas Jr., '16
Mr. Travis Downs
Ms. Dawn Emery, ’03Mr. Paul Greeley, ’82
Mr. Steve Jager, ’80
Ms. Shannon Votava, ’85
Mr. Fred Aronow, '81
The Hon. Paul A. Bastine, ’64
Mr. John Durkin, '80
The Hon. Tari S. Eitzen, ’82
Mr. Richard C. Eymann, ’76
Mr. John W. Holleran, ’79
Mr. Jerry Jager, ’57
Ms. Mary Lou Johnson, ’92
Mr. Steven M. Kaufman, ’77
Mr. J. Richard Manning, ’60
The Hon. Jim Murphy, '73
The Hon. Jackl Nevin, '78
Mr. Ron. K Nichols, ’93
Mr. Michael Pontarolo, ’73
The Hon. Richard J. Schroeder, ’63
Mr. John G. Schultz, ’63
Mr. Guy Testini ’00
Mr. Patrick A. Trudell, ’80