Dr. Michael Aucoin owns a consulting business in College Station, Texas. He teaches Engineering Leadership at Texas A&M University, and also teaches executive education micro-courses for The University of Texas at Austin. Throughout his career, Dr. Aucoin has worked at the rich intersection of academia and practice, and at the rich intersection of engineering and its significant social side – its teamwork, management, and leadership elements.
Dr. Aucoin has published books in project management and engineering management, served on a NASA Mishap Investigation Board, and was a co-founder of a Silicon Valley Internet start-up. He brings to teaching a rare balance of professional skill and emotional intelligence. His research and writing currently focuses on helping engineers lean into leadership, with an emphasis on underrepresented groups.
- ORG 615: Organizational Theory & Behavior
- B.S., Engineering, University of New Orleans
- M.Engr., Electrical Engineering, Texas A&M University
- M.A., Organizational Leadership, Gonzaga University
- D.Engr., Engineering Management, Texas A&M University