About This Program
Expand your Skills
Our Doctor of Educational Leadership (Ed.D.) program provides advanced preparation for educational leaders in diverse school settings across the world. Designed for those currently working in a Pre-K-12 setting, this cohort-based program is delivered mostly online, with face-to-face courses during summer.
You will complete the program in approximately two years, prepared with the professional training to:
- Improve student learning and the professional environment for all stakeholders
- Utilize data in an integrated approach to create school structures grounded in achievement and the social, emotional, and behavioral needs of students
- Develop and implement systems that enhance others by building their competence and commitment
Develop your Career
The program focus is Pre-K-12 school systems for informal or formal leaders as well as people whose roles support Pre-K-12 school systems.
Combining face-to-face instruction with online learning, our program:
- Provides you with the flexibility to continue working in your current position as you earn your doctorate
- Emphasizes practical application, allowing you to practice your new knowledge while you learn it
- Delivers excellent preparation for administrative and professional opportunities in education
- Promotes collaboration and the opportunity to build life-long networks
Extend your Reach
You will be learning with and from a diverse group of people, as our rich learning environment exposes you to the experiences of your classmates and expert faculty. You will graduate well positioned for a variety of career opportunities, including:
- Educational policy
- Leading and operating schools
- Curriculum/Instruction specialist at the district or state level
- Training and development management
You will complete a capstone project in your chosen area of interest - a problem of professional practice. Through this project:
- You will engage in scholarly inquiry to analyze, evaluate, and effectively leverage data
- Your doctoral advisor will offer guidance throughout your capstone project
Your work will also be supported through consultation with experts, practitioners, community members, and other stakeholders in the field.