- The Fall 2021 application will open September 1
- Priority deadline: November 18
- Final deadline: April 1
More information can be found on Gonzaga's Graduate Academic Calendar.
To be eligible for the Ed.D. in Educational Leadership, you must have a master’s degree from a regionally accredited university. At least five years of experience in a pre-K-12 environment is required, or other relevant professional experience.
Complete the Online Application.
Submit an official transcript from the university at which your highest degree was earned. On the "Education History" section of application, please list only your Master's degree institution. Undergraduate institutions are not required.
If you previously attended Gonzaga or are a current student, GU transcripts are ordered by your Admissions Counselor on your behalf.
Official transcripts can be mailed or emailed to:
Graduate Admissions Operations
AD Box 102
502 E. Boone Avenue
Spokane, WA 99258-0068
Master’s and GPA evidence
This should include evidence of an earned master's degree with a minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale. If your cumulative GPA was under 3.0, please include a GPA explanation.
Letter(s) of Recommendation
Provide three professional recommender(s) who can evaluate your leadership, interpersonal skills, critical thinking, judgment, professional practice and your ability and capacity to complete a doctoral degree. Letters of recommendation are facilitated through the online application.
Two should come from current or recent supervisors, and one from another stakeholder such as board member, university instructor, or community member, but not to include faculty who teach in Gonzaga's EdD program.
Statement of Purpose
Include a personal written statement of no more than 500 words. Please include these four elements:
- Articulate your professional mission and purpose.
- Articulate what you expect to learn that will support you in your mission and purpose.
- Identify a problem of professional practice that you would like to solve.
- Explain how addressing this problem will help you realize your mission and purpose.
Submit your current resume or curriculum vitae of professional experience. Please format your vita as shown below and address each of the bulleted items listed. In each section, provide dates with the most recent date first.
- Education and Work Experience: Describe your education and work history including location, length of service, position, and your work with diverse populations
- Professional Development/Training: List career-related training and professional development programs completed within the past four years; include the source of training, the duration, and year completed
- Technology Training: Briefly describe your training and experience in information technology including software and telecommunications networks for business, education, teaching, and personal use
- Volunteer/Unpaid Service: List and describe any voluntary post-secondary employment and community service experience. Include the name of organization, length of service, and a brief description of duties
- Leadership Experience: Describe specific training and/or experiences you have had as a project leader, trainer or co-coordinator of change initiatives
You may be invited for an interview that will take place via telephone, Skype, or in-person, with two or more EdD faculty. This will be arranged by the department after submission of your application materials.
Call or Text (509) 313-6240 or (866) 380-5323