About this Program
There will not be a Fall 2024 cohort. We will be returning to Canada, in BC, in 2025.
Expand your Skills
Our two-year Master of Counselling Program, based at sites in Canada, provides you with the professional training to:
- Serve clients ethically, morally and effectively
- Address a wide variety of issues in the context of province-related needs and trends
- Utilize today's best practices to apply theory and research to serve clients
- Develop your own theory of counselling while engaging in self-discovery, personal growth and development
Develop your Career
Learn with and from a diverse group of people in a rich learning environment that offers:
- Preparation for a career as a competent, service-oriented mental health practitioner within community agencies, schools and clinics in Canada
- A cohort model that allows you to collaborate and learn with the same small group of students as you progress through the program
- Supervised internships that provide valuable practical experience
Notice for British Columbia Students and Public
This program is offered under the written consent of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills and Training effective June 2012, having undergone a quality assessment process and been found to meet the criteria established by the Ministry.
Prospective students are responsible for ensuring the program and degree offered will appropriately satisfy their needs (i.e. will be acceptable to potential employers, professional licensing bodies, and/or other educational institutions).
- The Master of Counselling degree does not lead to the Psychologist chartering (or registering) in the province of BC.
- Specifically, one must have the PhD degree from a program approved by the College of BC psychologists.
- The Master of Counseling degree does provide the basis for application to the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA) for the Canadian Certified Counsellor (CCC) credential.