In addition to the eligibility and application requirements, international students must also submit the following:
Proof of English Language
- TOEFL score of 88 or
- IELTS score of 6.5 or
- Verification of English language proficiency from the Gonzaga University ISSS office or
- An official recommendation from Gonzaga University's English Language Center
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, TOEFL testing is now online. You can learn more by visiting the TOEFL website.
If you do not meet the English proficiency requirements listed above, but believe your English to be equivalent to these levels for graduate studies at Gonzaga University due to work, education or language immersion experience, please contact your Admissions Specialist.
International students whose primary and secondary education took place in Canada (English-speaking provinces), Great Britain, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, or the U.S. are exempt from this requirement. Students born in one of these countries yet educated elsewhere are still required to satisfy the English proficiency requirement.
- Submission of foreign transcripts in the original language and a certified English copy and
- WES/ECE evaluation
Copy of passport picture page
- If you do not have a passport, a copy of identification card from the home country is required.
Proof of Adequate Funding to Study in the US
- Financial Declarations
- Bank statement showing required amount listed on the Financial Declarations
Note: F-1 students may only study on campus for the duration of the short-term immersions.
For more information on the International Student Program please call (509) 313-6563.
Gonzaga offers scholarships for international students. For details go to our International Graduate Student Scholarship webpage.
Call or Text (509) 313-4325 or (866) 380-5323