The department offers two majors and two minors:
- Bachelor of Arts, Theatre Arts major
- (required concentration in either Performance or Design, Technology, and Management [DTM])
- Bachelor of Arts, Dance major
- Minor in Theatre Arts
- Minor in Dance
(required concentration in either Dance Pedagogy or Performance)
Please reference the 2020-2021 Undergraduate Catalog for course requirements specific to the Theatre Arts and Dance majors and minors.
- The Department of Theatre and Dance assists students in becoming effective, creative, and ethically responsible communicators who can understand theoretical choices and design, express, interpret, and critically evaluate oral, written, nonverbal, and electronically mediated messages.
- Theatre and Dance, as an academic discipline, draws upon the humanities, the social and natural sciences, and the professions.
- Teaching and learning methods combine lectures, seminars, workshops, production, and performance.