The department offers two majors and four minors:
- Bachelor of Arts, French major
- Bachelor of Arts, Spanish major
- Minor in French
- Minor in German
- Minor in Spanish
- Minor in Italian
Please reference the 2021-2022 Undergraduate Catalog for course requirements specific to the Modern Languages and Literature Department majors and minors.
- The Department of Modern Languages and Literature cooperates in offering majors and minors in Italian studies, Latin American studies, European studies and Asian studies.
- Gonzaga also offers study abroad programs in various parts of the world that may fulfill degree requirements.
- Students earning all Bachelor’s degrees offered by the College of Arts and Sciences must complete a language requirement.
Fall 2020 Revised Spanish Curriculum
- From Fall 2020, students will follow a revised Spanish Major and Minor curriculum. Please reference the linked Degree Worksheets in the right hand margin.
- Students that started at Gonzaga in Fall 2019 and before will follow the old Spanish Major and Minor curriculum requirements.