Financing your Master's Degree


$1,165 per credit*
36 credit program

* Subject to change

Financing Options

There are many options when it comes to financing your master's degree.

You can apply for federal financial aid, which is not based on need, check your company for employer reimbursement or gain scholarships.

Our Admissions Specialists can talk with you about your options.


Gonzaga offers an in-program $1500 scholarship for students already enrolled in the master’s program. Applications are accepted in July & August 2024 (link requires Gonzaga sign-in).

It is also a good idea to search for scholarships not affiliated with Gonzaga University. Some corporations, employers, churches, community organizations and other groups provide opportunities for graduate students. Free scholarship database websites are available online.

Check our Financial Aid website for more resources, or our database of outside scholarships.

Employer Reimbursement

Many of our students use their company tuition reimbursement benefit to finance their education. Check with your company about this valuable option.

If your company plans to pay for your tuition, please contact Gonzaga’s Student Accounts office at (509) 313-6812 or by email at

Federal Financial Aid

Graduate loans are not based on income or need. Eligible students can receive up to $20,500.

  • Students must complete the free application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) annually to be eligible.
  • Gonzaga University’s school code is 0033778.
  • Applicants must be a matriculated student in a graduate program in order to receive federal financial aid.

Payment Plans

Gonzaga University offers payment plans to assist you in financing your education.

Typical options include paying your balance in full each semester or paying your balance in monthly installments to make your payments more manageable.

Things to Consider

Compare the value of the programs you are considering. Cost should not be the sole factor in choosing a program, though it is an important one. Consider personal fit, professional outcomes, and the quality and reputation of your options.

Graduate tuition is billed differently than undergraduate tuition. You will only be expected to pay for the credits you are enrolled in each term plus any fees.

Questions? Call or text Catie Peissig in Graduate Admissions at (509) 313-4370.