- Summer 2024: April 24th, 2024
- Fall 2024: August 1st, 2024
- Applicants must have a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
If documents have been generated using artificial intelligence (AI), your application may be denied.
- Complete the online application
- Submit one official transcript form each college or university attended.
- You must submit transcripts from any school listed on your application, even if you only took one course.
- If your cumulative GPA falls below a 3.0, please include an explanation of GPA statement.
- If you previously attended Gonzaga or are a current student, GU transcripts are ordered by the program on your behalf.
Official Transcripts can be mailed or emailed to:
- Graduate Admissions Operations
- AD Box 102
- 502 E Boone Avenue
- Spokane, WA 99258-0102
Two Professional Recommendations
- Request a minimum of two (2) professional recommenders through the online application.
- Your recommenders will be contacted directly via email with directions for submitting their letters of recommendation and evaluation checklist on your behalf.
- Recommendations from family members are not accepted.
Statement of Purpose
- Submit a 750–1000-word essay outlining your interest in the program. It must include answers to the following questions:
- What effects have experiences with people from other cultures had on your life, education and career choices?
- In your opinion, what are some difficulties in learning a second language? What are some advantages?
- Why do you want to attend Gonzaga University?
- What are your personal, educational and career goals? How will the MA TESOL degree help achieve these goals?
Resume or CV
- Submit your current resume or curriculum vitae of professional experience.
Military-Connected & Veteran Students
- Currently, all active-duty military members must have permission/approval from an Education Services Officer (ESO), Military Counselor, or the Military Service prior to applying.
- For more information on how to apply for the GI Bill and related benefits, please visit the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs How to Apply page.
- Visit Gonzaga’s Military & Veteran Students for more information regarding benefits and student support