Application Information & Checklist
- Applicants must have a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Complete the Online Application
- Submit one official transcript from each college or university attended. International applicants must submit foreign transcripts in the original language and in English.
- Request a minimum of two (2) letters of recommendation through the online application. Your references will be contacted directly via email with directions for submitting their letters of recommendation and evaluation checklist on your behalf. Please note: recommendations from family members are not accepted.
- Submit your resume or CV of professional experience
- A written statement of purpose (in English) 750-1000 words addressing the questions below:
- What effect have experiences with people from other cultures had on your life, education and career choices?
- a) In your opinion, what are some difficulties in learning a second language? b) What are some advantages of learning a second language?
- Why do you want to attend Gonzaga University?
- What are your personal, educational and career goals?
- How will the MA TESOL degree help you to achieve your goals?
Military-Connected and Veteran Students
Currently, all active duty military member must have permission/approval from an Education Services Officer (ESO), Military Counselor, or the Military Service prior to applying.
For more information on how to begin your graduate school application process, please visit the How to Get Started page.
Additional Requirements for International Students:
- Proof of English Proficiency: an official TOEFL score of 580 written, 88 IBT OR an IELTS of 6.5 OR successful completion of the Gonzaga's ESL Program with faculty recommendation
- If you do not meet the English proficiency requirements listed above, but believe your English to be equivalent to these levels for graduate studies at Gonzaga University due to work, education or language immersion experience, please contact your Admissions Specialist.
- Completed Financial Declaration with original supporting bank statement
- Copy of passport