The application for our Fall 2022 cohort is now closed.
- The application for our Fall 2023 cohort in Kamloops will open in September, with a mid-February 2023 deadline.
Due to the cohort nature of this program, there is one start date per year: Fall.
Applicants will only be considered for the site and term that they apply for. The Fall 2023 cohort will be in Kamloops, BC and that application will open in summer 2022.
To be eligible for the Master of Counselling, you must hold Canadian citizenship and have obtained a bachelor's degree that is equivalent to a US Bachelor's degree, from a regionally accredited institution.
Complete the Online Application
Submit one official transcript from each college or university listed on your application.
- If your cumulative GPA falls below a 3.0 please include an explanation of GPA statement.
- If you previously attended Gonzaga or are a current student, GU transcripts are ordered by your Admissions Counselor on your behalf.
Official transcripts can be mailed or emailed to:
Graduate Admissions Operations
AD Box 102
502 E. Boone Avenue
Spokane, WA 99258-0068
- You will also need an official transcript/degree evaluation from Gonzaga University's Center for Global Engagement office or
- WES/ECE evaluation
Letters of Recommendation
Provide two professional recommenders who can evaluate your leadership, interpersonal skills, critical thinking, judgment, professional practice and your ability and capacity to complete a graduate degree. Supervisors or past professors are great choices for recommenders. Letters of recommendation are facilitated through the online application. Recommendations from family members are not accepted.
Statement of Purpose
Submit an essay that is well written, organized, and no longer than 1,000 words. It must also include the following:
- Describe your interest in the Master of Counselling degree
- Assess your strengths
- Describe what you hope to gain from this graduate degree
- Submit your current resume or curriculum vitae of professional experience.
Copy of Passport Picture Page
- If you do not have a passport, please submit a copy of an identification card.
Proof of English Language
- TOEFL score of 88 or
- IELTS score of 6.5
Due to Covid-19 restrictions TOEFL testing is now taking place online. Learn more by visiting the official TOEFL website.
International students whose primary and secondary education took place in Canada (English-speaking provinces), Great Britain, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, or the U.S. are exempt from this requirement. Students born in one of these countries yet educated elsewhere are still required to satisfy the English proficiency requirement.
You may be invited for an interview. This will be arranged by the department after submission of your application materials.
Call or Text (509) 313-4325 or (866) 380-5323