Outside Scholarship Procedures

Any scholarship that is from a source other than Gonzaga University or from the state or federal government is referred to as an outside scholarship.


How does an outside scholarship affect my financial aid?


Outside scholarships are a factor in your overall financial need. It is the student's responsibility to report outside scholarships to the Financial Aid office. It is advisable to report outside scholarships as soon as possible in case any adjustments need to be made to your financial aid offer. Please rest assured that if it is necessary to adjust your aid due to an outside scholarship that we will do so in the order that is most beneficial to the student. 


How do I report/add an outside scholarship? 

  • Log into Zagweb 
  • Select the "Financial Aid" Tab
  • Select the "Award" Tab
  • Select "Award By Aid Year", enter aid year and select "Submit"
  • Select Resources/Additional Information tab (screenshot below)
  • Enter Scholarship Info (be sure that scholarship description matches the agency issuing the funds)
  • Click Submit Information button

  Screenshot of ZagWeb Award by Aid Year form

Where should outside scholarship checks be sent?

Gonzaga University

Financial Aid Office

502 E Boone Ave

Spokane, WA 99258-0072

What info should be included on scholarship checks? 

  • Student's Name
  • Gonzaga ID number (do not use social security number)

 Additional Questions?

 You can reach us by phone at: 509-313-6582 or by email at: finaid@gonzaga.edu