Mary Stuart Rogers Scholarship Criteria
- Open to full-time undergraduate students in your junior or senior year (or in the 5th year of education studies) during the 2023-2024 academic year.
- Have a cumulative Gonzaga GPA of at least 3.0.
- Applicants must show commitment to community service, leadership, education, compassion, and dedication to the University's mission.
Scholarship Submission Checklist:
- Complete the Mary Stuart Rogers Scholarship Application.
- Submit a 2023-2024 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to Gonzaga and demonstrate financial need (determined by the FAFSA). The FAFSA can be submitted at fafsa.gov.
- Personal essay describing your commitment to community service, compassion, and dedication to the University's mission. Please include specific examples of past or current volunteer experience, and how this affected you, your current involvement in service, and future plans to serve your community.
- Two letters of recommendation from two different sources, i.e. current mentor, supervisor, instructor, or advocate who can attest to your character, your commitment to community service and social justice, and/or your dedication to teaching or working with children. Letters of recommendation can be submitted directly to the Office of Financial Aid via email at email@example.com.
Please submit your application electronically and email your essay and letters of recommendation to the Office of Financial Aid: Lower Crosby, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by January 15, 2023. Recipients will be selected by June 1, 2023.
- Applications are reviewed by a committee of GU faculty/staff members. Only completed applications received by the deadline date of January 15, 2023 will be reviewed. The committee will select Scholars and inform both recipients and non-offered applicants when finalists have been chosen.
- Each Scholar will receive a $5,000 scholarship ($2,500 per semester) of full-time enrollment, in addition to any other institutional aid previously awarded (not to exceed the total cost of tuition). The scholarship is renewable dependent on continued funding by the benefactor, and if a student continues to meet scholarship criteria. Any scholarship recipient who is later determined to be ineligible for the award will be notified of ineligibility in writing, and the award will be revoked.
- Scholars are honored at an annual banquet in the fall hosted by the Mary Stuart Rogers Foundation. During the banquet, recipients are asked to share the highlights or successes of their time at Gonzaga with fellow scholars, family and friends, the Rogers family, and University representatives.
- New Rogers Scholars are presented with a ring at the banquet - - a gift symbol from the Mary Stuart Rogers Foundation which commemorates their achievements.