The Center for Global Engagement provides students with the tools and opportunities to experience our increasingly interconnected world as part of their education, through the following areas:
- Institutional Global Engagement
- Nurture an on-campus community that sustains the ongoing engagement of international students and scholars, returned study abroad students, and a vibrant on-campus discourse about what it means to be globally engaged personally and as an institution.
- Be a place where all students and faculty may come to engage in shared exploration of diverse ideas, identities, and traditions that constitute our global heritage. This humanistic exploration is grounded in our Jesuit heritage.
- Work with Executives, Deans and Administrative leadership to articulate a vision for global engagement at Gonzaga that reflects that Jesuit heritage and embraces the Jesuit tradition of seeking to find God in all people.
- Curricular Global Engagement
- Collaborate with faculty in their consideration and construction of curricula that engages local knowledge and cultural practices from around the world, and builds intercultural competence through reflective and critical thought.
- Work with Deans and faculty to develop learning goals and measures that will track curricular success.
- Organize opportunities for students and faculty to engage in learning among scholars and students with diverse heritages, backgrounds and beliefs, both here and abroad.
- Administrative Global Engagement
- Oversee the safe and intellectually stimulating mobility of students and scholars to and from Spokane.
- Advance cross-cultural learning and skills development through institutional policies and procedures that support and measure the engagement of Gonzaga communities with people from around the globe.
- Nurture students’ reflection and on-going dialogue about those experiences so as to contribute to learning lived in a community of learners.