We are in the search process of a Study Abroad Director
Katuska Kohut, Associate Director of Study Abroad
Katuska has worked more than fifteen years of her professional career in study abroad and international business. She received a bachelor's in biology and French from Vanderbilt University and holds an MBA from Gonzaga University. After studying abroad in France (three times) during college, she soon after settled in Paris, working there for seven years. Katuska is fluent in Slovak and French, and has traveled Europe, parts of south and central America, Africa, and China.
- Development and implementation of GU’s home grown faculty-led study programs
- Oversee the French Visa Process and various other visa process for summer study abroad
- Promote, inform and advise students about study abroad opportunities; educate students about health, safety and logistics; conduct a Study Abroad
email@example.com | Hemmingson 204 G | (509) 313-3546
Colleen Fischer, Assistant Director
Like many in the field of International Education Colleen’s passion started with her own study abroad experiences. Colleen spent three semesters and a summer abroad while obtaining her undergraduate degree in history from Villanova University. While studying abroad she was able to intern as a speech writer in UK parliament and spend time living in Germany, Ireland and Hong Kong. Colleen completed a MA in International Political Science at Villanova University. Colleen has lived and worked abroad in Australia and New Zealand. Colleen is originally from the east coast but enjoys the PNW’s pace and appreciation of nature.
- Oversees and management of Gonzaga's study abroad semester programs
- Promote, inform and advise students about study abroad opportunities; educate students about health, safety and logistics; conduct study abroad orientations to help prepare students for life abroad
- Helps facilitate visa process for sponsored study abroad students
firstname.lastname@example.org | Hemmingson 204 H | (509) 313-6560
Stashia Kaiel, Senior Study Abroad Advisor
Stashia’s study abroad experience in Spain during her junior year of college launched her career path in international education. For the past twenty-five years Stashia has been involved in supporting students explore new cultures and languages in a variety of settings including the past 13+ years here at Gonzaga University. She has also traveled for leisure and work to a total of 18 countries within three different continents and temporarily lived in two countries – South Korea and Spain. Stashia is married to a Gonzaga alum and has two daughters – one in college and the other in high school.
- Manage and monitor selected sponsored programs located in Asia, Europe, and South America
- Promote, inform and advise students about study abroad opportunities; educate students about health, safety and logistics; and conduct pre-departure orientations
- Provide support with our Short Term Faculty Led Programs in application processing, advising, and communication with students and faculty leaders
- Manage non-sponsored summer program applications and advising
email@example.com | Hemmingson 102E | (509) 313-6454
Mackenzie Pavlik, Study Abroad Advisor
Originally from New Mexico, Mackenzie is an alumna of GU & Gonzaga in Florence. She spent the last 4 years working as a Park Ranger in Zion and Yosemite and loves the outdoors. She appreciates the Jesuit philosophy of seeing God in all things, especially the natural world. She is thrilled to return to Gonzaga University and Spokane, Washington to pursue work in the Study Abroad field to both witness and help facilitate the positive impact that Study Abroad has on students. She has traveled a good deal: visiting India and Africa while her brothers resided there, visiting another Gonzaga alumni’s home in Thailand, and working as an Au Pair in Southern France are highlights. Mackenzie plans to obtain her Masters in Communication & Leadership from Gonzaga University.
- Management and monitoring of the Gonzaga in Florence Study Abroad Programs
- Oversees the Italian Visa Process for students and faculty who will be in Italy
- Promote, inform and advise students about study abroad opportunities; educate students about health, safety and logistics
- Travels and recruits student from various Gonzaga partners around the U.S. for Florence
firstname.lastname@example.org| Hemmingson 102C | (509) 313-6454