Bike Parking and Storage
Gonzaga has a variety of bike storage options to keep your bike parked securely and dryly. Bikes are also allowed in many buildings on campus – check if you’re able to keep your bike inside.
Bike Parking Map
This map of campus can filter to show all bike racks, bike storage lockers, and indoor/covered bike parking on campus.
While Gonzaga is not responsible for bike theft or damage on campus, most bike theft incidents happen to bikes locked with flexible cable locks. Consider using metal “U” locks.
Preparing for a Bike Commute
Biking is not only good for the environment, it's a healthy, refreshing way to get to campus. Use these resources to get ready for your next trip on two wheels.
Mapping a Route
Here are some tips for planning your next trip on two wheels:
- Consider distance, traffic, and road width/condition.
- Use the interactive map of cycling routes in Spokane to find a route that works for you!
- Test a new route on the weekend.
With any transportation, it is important to keep safety in mind at all times. Check out some of our safety tips to make your next bike ride more enjoyable!
- Use a bike light: Front and rear bike lights are available from Gonzaga's Office of Sustainability for free! Call (509) 313-5571 or stop by 521 E. Sharp during business hours to pick one up.
- Always wear a helmet!
- Be visible and predictable: Wear bright clothing, signal, and follow all road laws.
- Treat bikes like vehicles: Bikes are vehicles and should be treated as such. If a lane is too narrow to share or you are biking the same speed as traffic, take the lane.
Taking a Bike on the Bus
Combining biking and busing is a great (and often faster) way to reach your destination. For example, most bus routes in Spokane lead to the STA Plaza Downtown. Consider taking the nearest bus route to reach the plaza, then take a short and enjoyable ride to Gonzaga’s campus. All STA buses are equipped to carry bicycles. For more information on how to bring a bike on the bus, check out this quick video from the Spokane Transit Authority.
For more information about buses in Spokane, see Bus Transportation at Gonzaga.
Gonzaga's Rudolph Fitness Center has showers and changing facilities that are open all day for staff, faculty, and students to use.
Gonzaga Bike Shop - *Closed During Summer*
GU Outdoors runs a full-service bike shop on campus. Find it on the south side of Hemmingson, just across the northeast corner of Mulligan Field. The bike shop also has tools (including a bike pump for inflating tires) and a bike stand. These tools are available for Zags to use; anyone can service their own bike for free.
No appointment is necessary for bike service.
Bike Shop Hours
- Closed during summer
- Maintenance (customer provides tube): $5
- Maintenance & Tube: $10
- Minor: $20
- Major: $40
- Brake: $5
- Front Hub: $5
- Rear Hub: $8
- Derailleur Hanger: $5
- Headset: $5
- Bottom Bracket: $5
- Cable/Housing: $5
- Shifter Flush: $5
- Bike Assembly/Pack: $40
- Chain Install/Sizing: $5
*** Additional advanced servicing available upon request.
Bike Shop Contact Information
Check out Gonzaga Outdoors' Bike Shop webpage for additional information.