Support & Resources

Gonzaga University encourages any community member directly or indirectly impacted by the potential decision to avail themselves of the support system available here at Gonzaga and listed below

Gonzaga Resources

Center for Cura Personalis
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
(509) 313-2227

Health and Counseling Services
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
(509) 313-4052

Office of Mission and Ministry
Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
(509) 313-4242

International Student & Scholar Services
Hemmingson 102 | | 509-313-3648
Staff to provide immigration advising, make referrals to legal counsel as appropriate, and to provide support to international students and scholars.

Diversity, Inclusion & Cultural Engagement (DICE)
Hemmingson 317 | | 509-313-4100
In order to create a diverse and inclusive community, we utilize the principles of critical dialogue, reciprocity, and solidarity to facilitate learning that cultivates cultural engagement, enriches mindfulness, fosters a sense of belonging, and challenges systems of privilege and oppression.

Gonzaga Community Support

  • Gonzaga University's Mission Statement
  • Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion at Gonzaga 
  • Gonzaga's Unity Multicultural Education Center (UMEC) strives to build a community of equity and inclusion that guides and challenges all to respect and value human difference.
    • UMEC Mission statement: In alignment with Gonzaga's faith-inspired commitment to diversity, UMEC provides educational opportunities that cultivate mindfulness, intercultural development and support the benefits of a pluralistic and inclusive environment.
  • Gonzaga Events to support DACA students:
    • Courageous Conversations - Dream Act, DACA and Immigration, organized by Gonzaga Student Body Association
    • DACA Forum, organized by La Raza Latina, A conversation in response to the decision to rescind DACA and how it affects individuals, families, the Gonzaga Community and our country.

Financial Aid

  • Gonzaga Financial Aid - Sharon Griffith
  • HB 1079: On May 7, 2003, Governor Gary Locke signed into effect House Bill 1079. This allows undocumented students to pay in-state tuition at public state colleges and universities. The bill requires that students live in-state for a duration of three years or longer and have obtained a high school diploma or GED. When you register to apply as an in-state resident concerning higher education, you must fill out an HB 1079 affidavit form.


  • Your application will automatically be reviewed by the Office of Admission to determine eligibility for merit based scholarships. In addition, please visit for Gonzaga scholarships that require an additional application. Also seek scholarships outside of schools to which you will apply. Gonzaga's outside scholarship database is a good place to check. 
  • Washington student residents can submit the WASFA (Washington Application for State Financial Aid) as soon as possible. As a result of the Washington REAL Hope Act becoming law, applications for state need grants are now being accepted. The WAFSA is specifically for low-income, non-citizen students that attended a Washington high school who are unable to file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) due to immigration status.
  • Non-Washington residents should fill out and submit the Needs Analysis Form to apply for need-based financial aid. 
  • Gonzaga accepts the College Bound Scholarship.
  • Additionally, view the for scholarships for WA residents.
  • For more information about financial aid and scholarships at Gonzaga, please contact Sharon Griffith in our Financial Aid Office or call 509-313-6582.

Emergency Housing

Housing & Residence Life (HRL) offers housing available to students free of charge during extended holiday breaks. The reason for needing on campus housing remains confidential, the students would just need to contact Stuart Davis, Associate Director of Housing & Residence Life. During extended breaks, students will stay in Kennedy, Burch, or Corkery -- all apartment style dorms so they will have access to a kitchen. Though the COG is closed during extended breaks, students can contact Emily from Campus Kitchen for potential access to groceries. Stuart Davis can be contacted by email at


If you are not a Gonzaga student, but are looking for travel related help, call the Washington Immigrant Solidarity Network on 1-844-724-3737, and here is a link to the ‘Know Your Rights’ card en Español, and in English.

Career and Professional Development

  • The services of the Career and Professional Development Office are available and free to all Gonzaga students. Remaining current with the law regarding DACA status is advised. Currently, US employment laws require employees to have documentation to show eligibility for employment.
  • For more information about Gonzaga's resources, please see our website or email us directly at .

Articles & Downloads