Admission Information for Undocumented Students

"We are a university called to live and learn and teach and explore not comfortably at the center of the culture, but at the frontiers - the cutting edge, the margins, places that require courage."
- Thayne M. McCulloh, D. Phil., President of Gonzaga University

As you consider your college options, we want to provide you with resources that will guide you through the admission process and show you how we support our students. We want you to #BeAZag!


Gonzaga does not require students to have a social security number to submit an application through the Common Application. Applications will automatically be reviewed by the Office of Admission to determine the eligibility for merit-based scholarships. For additional questions regarding admission and scholarships, students can contact us at

  • Submit your application for admission by December 1, the late consideration deadline is February 1. You can complete your application for admission at Students are NOT required to have a social security number to submit the Common Application.
  • Your application for admission will automatically be reviewed by the Office of Admission to determine eligibility for merit-based scholarships. Gonzaga merit scholarship information (en Español).
  • Explore Gonzaga admission requirements.
  • Contact us for additional questions about admission and scholarships at
  • We encourage you to visit campus! Tours in Spanish are available by request.

Scholarships and Financial Aid

  • Your application will automatically be reviewed by the Office of Admission to determine eligibility for merit based scholarships. In addition, please visit for Gonzaga scholarships that require an additional application. Also seek scholarships outside of schools to which you will apply. Gonzaga's outside scholarship database is a good place to check. 
  • Washington student residents can submit the WASFA (Washington Application for State Financial Aid) as soon as possible. As a result of the Washington REAL Hope Act becoming law, applications for state need grants are now being accepted. The WAFSA is specifically for low-income, non-citizen students that attended a Washington high school who are unable to file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) due to immigration status.
  • Non-Washington residents should fill out and submit the Needs Analysis Form to apply for need-based financial aid. 
  • Gonzaga accepts the College Bound Scholarship.
  • Additionally, view the for scholarships for WA residents.
  • For more information about financial aid and scholarships at Gonzaga, please contact Megan Hewins in our Financial Aid Office or call 509-313-6586.

Financial Support

  1. Emergency Funding -- CCP offers a one-time emergency fund available to all students. Please contact CCP to determine if the situation qualifies for the emergency fund. This fund can be accessed by going to CCP, filling out a form, and picking up the cash from the Health & Counseling Office.
  2. Financial Aid -- In Washington State many Undocumented Students can file the WASFA (Washington Application for State Financial Aid). GSBA is very close to completing an Undocumented Student Scholarship. Gonzaga Specific Scholarships through the Office of Admission. City of Spokane has an emergency fund scholarship for Undocumented students. Megan Hewins is the Financial Aid Counselor -