Information for New Faculty

New Faculty Orientation

Frequently Asked Questions:

Click here for answers to many of your questions.  The link will take you to a PDF document where you can search specific topics by going to the Edit menu, Find, and a keyword search box will open. Enter the topic you are looking for and you will be directed to that subject.

ID Card: Please visit the Human Resources Office, 102 E. Boone Avenue, to complete the ID Card Authorization Form.  After a Human Resources representative signs the form, you will be asked to take it to the Student Accounts Office, College Hall 024.

Technology Questions: For more information and answers to technology questions, please visit or call the Help Desk at (509) 313-5550.

What is my e-mail address? New faculty members in the College of Arts and Sciences, School of Education, and School of Professional Studies should contact their department.  Faculty members in the School of Business and School of Engineering and Applied Science should contact their Dean's Office.

How do I access my e-mail remotely from off campus? Go to  Click on the Gonzaga Faculty and Staff link, enter your username as and your password.  The Outlook web interface has most of the functionality of the normal Outlook interface.  Another method is through Citrix at  Login using the same username and password you use to sign into your computer on campus (for more detailed instructions, click here).  The first time you run this application it will require some configuration.  It will welcome you to Outlook, then you will select Microsoft Exchange Server, specify gem. as the server and enter your last name and click check names.  Select your name from the list of mailboxes (not always required).  This will bring up a full Outlook client.

What are the N: and O: drives on my computer?  The N: and O: drives are network shares that your computer accesses over the network and are mapped based on your personal profile and access permissions.  The N: drive is your personal share that only you should have access.  Everyone in your department should have access to the Department folder within the O: drive.  It can be used as a collaborative tool to exchange and/or view documents with anyone in the department.

How do I access files from off campus?  The only way to access your documents from off-campus is to use Citrix.  Point your web browser to, install the client, and then login using your network login. For more detailed instructions, click here.

How do I get a Blackboard account?  Blackboard accounts are automatically generated with your regular Gonzaga logon.  Use the same user name and password to access Blackboard as you use to login to your computer or access email.  For more information about Blackboard, click here

Where do I go to log into Blackboard?  Go to use the same Gonzaga username and password that you use for your network login.

Is there training available for Blackboard?  Yes, you can sign up for training courses and access the Blackboard Resource page at