- 4 Credits
Fall & Spring Cohorts:
- 15 Weeks - 3 Hours Per Week
- Includes a minimum of 20 hours of observation and teaching practice both online and face-to-face in a variety of ESL settings.
- 4 Week Intensive
- Includes 30-hour structured teaching experience with a ESL instructor during our Summer Language Program.
- Collaboration & Classroom Management
- Grammar Translation
- Intercultural Communication
- Teaching Conversation, Reading and Writing
- Materials Development
- MTSL 401/501: Theory and Practice of Language Teaching - 3 credits
This intensive course investigates current theories in second language acquisition and ESL/EFL methodology. Students focus on their teaching situations, areas of interest or research fields.
- MTSL 480/580: TESOL practicum - 1 credit
Enhanced hands-on teaching experience. Students have opportunities for observation, teaching, and participation in activities with ESL students.
James Hunter, Ph.D.