Please reference the 2017-2018 Undergraduate Catalog for course requirements specific to the Biology major and minor, and Biology with Research Concentration.
- Biology offers a Bachelor of Science or a Bachelor of Arts degree.
- The B.S. in Biology provides excellent preparation for students pursuing continued training in graduate programs in a broad range of sub-disciplines, as well as medical, dental, and veterinary school.
- The B.A. in Biology allows more time for students to get a second major or take additional courses in other departments at the university, thus gaining a broader liberal arts education.
- Many of our majors and students who minor in Biology are interested in opportunities to integrate biological principles with other fields.
- The Research Concentration within the Biology major is designed for students who want to explore graduate level training in science.