The Gonzaga Access Pledge (formerly the Magis Commitment) is Gonzaga's full-tuition commitment to bridge the gap for college funding. The Gonzaga Access Pledge provides grant and scholarship aid to cover the cost of tuition for first-year students throughout Washington State who qualify for the Federal Pell Grant. The Federal Pell Grant is a financial aid program awarded to students who show exceptional financial need. To be eligible, students must be admitted to Gonzaga as a first-year student, have a permanent address in the state of Washington, submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), and be eligible for the Federal Pell Grant.
Gonzaga Access Pledge FAQ
- What do I need to do to confirm my eligibility for the Gonzaga Access Pledge?
- In some cases, the financial aid office will need to confirm the information reported on the FAFSA including your family’s income and the number of people in your household. This process is called verification, and there’s more details on what to expect on the Verification webpage.
- What is not covered under the Gonzaga Access Pledge?
- Fees, Housing, and Meal Plans are not covered under the Gonzaga Access Pledge, and we estimate these expenses will be about $14,000 - $15,000 per year depending on your course fees, housing assignment and meal plan selection. Please see Gonzaga's Cost of Attendance information to learn more about what costs to anticipate while attending GU.
- What happens if I lose my Pell eligibility?
- If you lose your Pell eligibility in your first year as a result of verification, your financial aid eligibility may need to be recalculated. This isn’t common, but it does happen from time to time. Our financial aid office is great to work with and will work with you to minimize the impact of a change in financial aid eligibility whenever possible.
- If you lose your Pell eligibility in your sophomore, junior or senior year you will still receive your merit scholarship and other Gonzaga grants and scholarships that are covered in the Gonzaga Guarantee, including the Gonzaga Access Pledge.
- What happened to the Magis Commitment?
- The Gonzaga Access Pledge was previously referred to as the Magis Commitment. The terms of the program have not changed. Current Gonzaga students eligible for this program will continue to have a Magis Commitment Grant included in their financial aid offer.