Welch hall

10 Things You Need to Know Before Christmas Break

1. Residence Halls will close Saturday, December 18, 2021 at 10:00 AM.

You must depart from your building within 24 hours of your last final exam and no later than Saturday, December 18, 2021 at 10:00 AM.
If you have a part time job on-campus, please let your supervisor know that you won’t be returning until the spring semester.

2. Need a Fall Late Departure or Spring Early Arrival?

Residents must complete the Fall Late Departure and/or Spring Early Arrival form if departing campus later than Saturday, December 18 at 10:00 AM or arriving back to campus before Sunday, January 9 at 10:00 AM. Requests can only be made by through ZagLiving (Forms).  Approval is not guaranteed, and charges will apply ($80 per day).

Forms received after the below due dates will be charged a $10 late fee:
Late Departure Form due Friday, December 10, 2021 at 5:00 PM
Early Arrival Form due Monday, January 3, 2022 at 5:00 PM
Residence Halls will reopen on Sunday, January 9, 2022 at 10:00 AM.

If there is a reason you would need to stay on-campus over the break, please contact the Housing Office: housing@gonzaga.edu
Depending on where you live, you may need to relocate.
These requests are evaluated on a case-by-case basis, and approval is not guaranteed.

3. If your travel plans change due to flight delays or poor road conditions, please contact your RD or GRD ASAP to arrange a reasonable extension.

4. Room Changes Must Be Accomplished BEFORE You Leave for Break.

Please have your request form submitted no later than Friday, November 30, 2021 if you wish to change rooms. The actual room change must occur before you leave for the break so the vacancy may be assigned and prepared for an incoming resident. Students changing rooms without the approval of Housing and Residence Life will be in violation of policy and subject to penalties.

5. Don’t Have A Roommate?

Before leaving make sure to move all personal belongings to your half of the room so the other side can be prepared for a potential new roommate (new student or current student changing rooms). Staff will check for compliance and may assess additional charges for non-compliance.

6. Leaving University Housing?

If you do not intend to return to campus housing for the Spring Semester, you will need to submit a Housing Exemption request form available on ZagLiving. If you are approved to study abroad, please inform our office by sending an email to housing@gonzaga.edu once you receive your Study Abroad Authorization.
If your exemption is approved or you are approved to study abroad, you must remove all your belongings from your room, clean your space, and complete the Express Check-out process. Express Check-out envelopes are available from the Housing Office at Crosby, or at the blue drop box at the south end of Crosby, outside, facing Foley Library.
If you do not return to campus housing for Spring Semester, we will not check you out of your room until you have moved out and returned your key via Express Check-out.

7. Bicycle storage.

We recommend that you move your bicycles indoors, if possible. Gonzaga University is not responsible for missing or stolen bicycles.

8. Before You Leave!

DO NOT UNPLUG YOUR REFRIGERATOR but throw away any food that is likely to go bad.
UNPLUG YOUR ALARM CLOCK and other appliances. 
Empty your garbage from your room.
Keep the temperature at 68°.
Lock all doors and windows.
Your RA will be checking to make sure these things have been accomplished.

9. Want To Be An RA?

Resident Assistant applications for 2022-23 will be available on eRezLife on November 19, 2021. Applications are due January 14, 2022, 11:59 PM.
The Final info Session will be held on:
  12/9 – Hemmingson Ballroom 7:00 – 9:00 PM
You may request additional information or send questions to RAselection@gonzaga.edu.

10. Leaving your car on campus during Christmas Break?

Please contact the Parking Office, 509-313-6147, for information on where to park your car while you’re away. They have options for both permit and non-permit holders.