- End of Year Quiet Hours 20 Hour Quiet Hours begin on Friday, April 30, 2021, at 11pm. The courtesy hours will be 11am-1pm and 5pm-7pm. Quiet hours continue through finals week, ending on the morning of May 7, 2021.Not all students finish finals at the same time, so please be respectful of people who are still studying after you have finished.
- The deadline for checking out of your apartment or residence hall for the end of the school year is Saturday, May 8, 2021 by 10 AM. Residents of Corkery or Kennedy who are graduating may stay until Monday, May 10 at noon, but must submit a Spring Late Departure form on ZagLiving.
- Check-Out Procedure: Please note that failure to follow this procedure may result in the assessment of a $45 improper check-out fee.
1. Schedule a virtual check-out appointment with your RA. Depending on the date and time of your check-out, you may be asked to use the express check-out process (see #10).
2. Return your room/apartment to the condition it was in when you moved in. This includes removing and properly disposing of any lofts, vacuuming, dusting, emptying the garbage, and removing all of your belongings. If you reside in a suite or apartment, you will want to coordinate the cleaning of the bathroom(s) and other common space with your suitemates or apartment-mates. Any charge for cleaning the common space in your unit will be split equally among you and your roommates. Please note the minimum charge for any additional cleaning by the university is $25, however, it can be substantially more.
3. At the time of your check-out appointment, your scheduled RA will inspect the apartment/room with you. You will return your keys to your RA using the Virtual Check-Out Envelope (the minimum missing key cost is $30/each). Please note that a final damage assessment will be conducted by the residence life staff after the halls are closed. Final charges will not be assessed until that time.
4. If you receive an incorrect charge, there is an appeal form located in the “Forms” section of ZagLiving that you may submit. Please note that appeals will only be considered if you can provide proof that you should not be charged.
- Need to check out after May 8 at 10am? Residents must apply for a late departure to stay beyond the check-out deadline. Please submit a Spring Semester Late Departure form on ZagLiving by April 25, 2021. Approval and any special terms of the request will be sent to your GU email address. Late Departures are available to residents who are:
1. Graduating or have a sibling graduating
2. Participating in the graduation activities in an official capacity.
3. Participating in an official GU athletic competition.
4. Transitioning to summer housing (including staff)
- Graduating? First, CONGRATS! This is well deserved! Likely you’ll be celebrating your accomplishment with family and friends, so we will allow you to extend your stay until Monday, May 10 at noon. If you want to stay a little longer, please indicate your requested check-out date on the Spring Late Departure form.
- Summer Housing Available! Gonzaga offers summer housing in Kennedy Apartments for $200/week, so whether you’re staying for one week or the whole summer, on-campus housing is available to accommodate you. You do not need to be enrolled in summer classes, only be registered for the 2021 fall semester. For more information, please visit the Summer Housing page on our website or contact our office.
- Have a bicycle on campus? Please remove your bike from campus by checkout date/time of your room if you are leaving for the summer. Do not leave it locked to a bike rack or handrail, either inside or outside of a building, or in a bike storage area. The university does not assume any liability for loss or damage. If you have a bike storage locker, remember to turn in your key with your room key to avoid a re-key charge. After a holding period of 45-60 days, unclaimed bicycles may be disposed by Gonzaga University.
- Bulldog Bucks and “Block” Meals: Bulldog Bucks roll over from semester to semester and year to year as long as the student is enrolled. Bulldog Bucks are not refunded unless the student is no longer enrolled. GRADUATING? Please spend all your Bulldog Bucks before leaving campus! “Block” meals do not carry forward so use them or lose them!
- Leaving on-campus housing? You will get your housing deposit back! If you will not be living on-campus for the 2021-2022 academic year or staying in summer housing, the balance of your housing deposit, after the assessment of damage charges, will be sent to your mailing address on file with the university. It is your responsibility to ensure that your mailing address is up to date. This process may take 4-6 weeks from check out.
- Express Check-Out: Under the express check-out process, residents complete steps 1 and 2 above (#3), but in lieu of step 3 (meeting virtually with a staff member) described above, they will receive an express check-out envelope and further instructions. Residents checking-out between 10 pm and 8 am are required to use the express check-out process.
- No On-Campus Summer Storage. Gonzaga University does not offer storage over the summer. You’ll need to take your belongings home with you or arrange to store your belongings off-campus (some of the many options). You may not leave anything in your room beyond check-out, even if you are returning to the same room next fall.
- Gonzaga Give and Go. This year, GU is partnering with the Washington Army National Guard and Newby Ginnings, to collect donations at the end of the year for local veterans in the region. As you think about moving out at the end of the year, please donate small appliances, non-perishable food, gently used bedding and clothing, furniture, etc. There will be donations stations at the following locations and times:
Tilford Parking Lot
Parking spaces on Cincinnati Street across from CM and Coughlin
Wednesday, May 5th, 3:00-6:00PM
Friday, May 7th, 3:00-6:00PM
Saturday, May 8th, 8:00-11:00AM
Gonzaga’s Jesuit, Catholic, Humanistic education will challenge and inspire you.