power engineer

Non-Matriculated Students

Download the upcoming schedule of Transmission & Distribution Engineering courses

Just need a course or two?

Get a specific skill as soon as possible by signing up as a non-matriculated student.

  • 5 start dates per year
  • 8-week, online courses
  • Submit the online application, an unofficial transcript and your resume
  • Courses can be transferred to the T&D certificate or a master's degree*

*Excludes leveling courses. All students wishing to take more than two courses must apply for either the certificate or master's programs.

Apply online today as a non-matriculated student

Certificate & Non-Matriculated Application Deadlines

  • Spring B 2024: March 1, 2024
  • Summer 2024: May 15, 2024
  • Fall A 2024: August 1, 2024


  • B.S. Degree in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical or other engineering field.
  • Employment in electric utility or related industry recommended.

Military-Connected Students and Veterans

  • Currently, all active-duty military members must have permission/approval from an Education Services Officer (ESO), Military Counselor, or the Military Service prior to applying.
  • For more information on how to apply for the GI Bill and related benefits, please visit the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs How to Apply page.
  • Visit Gonzaga’s Military & Veteran Students for more information regarding benefits and student support.
Those wishing to apply for GI Bill benefits would be advised to consider theĀ Master's of EngineeringĀ program and refer to the military & veterans studentsĀ How to Get Started page.

Apply online today as a non-matriculated student

If documents have been generated using artificial intelligence, your application may be denied.


$1,135 per credit*
3 credits per course

* Subject to change

Employer Reimbursement

Many of our students use their company tuition reimbursement benefit to finance their education. Check with your company about this valuable option.

If your company plans to pay for your tuition, please contact Gonzaga’s Student Accounts office at (509) 313-6812 or by email at studentaccounts@gonzaga.edu.

Payment Plans

Gonzaga University offers payment plans to assist you in financing your education.

Typical options include paying your balance in full each semester or paying your balance in monthly installments to make your payments more manageable.

Federal Financial Aid is Not Available for Non-Matriculated Students

Things to Consider

Compare the value of the programs you are considering. Cost should not be the sole factor in choosing a program, though it is an important one. Consider personal fit, professional outcomes, and the quality and reputation of your options.

Graduate tuition is billed differently than undergraduate tuition. You will only be expected to pay for the credits you are enrolled in each term plus any fees.

Questions about being a non-matriculated student? Contact T&D Program Assistant Jilliene McKinstry at (509) 313-5701.