For Spring 2021 Cohort:
- Priority Deadline: August 19, 2020
- Final Deadline: November 25, 2020
We have one Spring start date per year. More information can be found on Gonzaga's Graduate Academic Calendar.
To be eligible for the M.Ed. in Educational Leadership, you must have a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited university. At least two years of teaching experience is highly recommended. Three years of relevant professional experience in the pre K-12 environment is required.
Complete the Online Application.
Submit one official transcript from each college or university attended.
- If your cumulative GPA falls below a 3.0 please include an explanation of GPA statement.
- If you previously attended Gonzaga or are a current student, GU transcripts are ordered by your Admissions Counselor on your behalf.
If you previously attended Gonzaga or are a current student, GU transcripts are ordered by your Admissions Counselor on your behalf.
Official transcripts can be mailed or emailed to:
Graduate Admissions Operations
AD Box 102
502 E. Boone Avenue
Spokane, WA 99258-0068
Letter(s) of Recommendation
Provide two professional recommender(s) who can evaluate your leadership, interpersonal skills, critical thinking, judgment, professional practice and your ability and capacity to complete a graduate degree. Supervisors or past professors are great choices for recommenders. Letters of recommendation are facilitated through the online application. Recommendations from family members are not accepted.
Advise your recommenders to touch on these points in their letters:
- Describe and provide examples of your ability to lead, and/or your leadership experiences in the school setting
- Describe and provide examples of your commitment to serving students
- Describe and provide examples of your teaching ability
Statement of Purpose
Begin your statement of purpose with a brief background about yourself. Describe and include examples for each of the bullets below:
- Why you are interested in Gonzaga’s graduate program
- Your strengths and what you will bring to the program that will help you as an educational leader
- Your leadership experiences in or out of the school setting
- Your personal commitment to working/teaching students, service to others, and advocating for all students
- What you expect to accomplish with this master’s degree and your plans once you receive your degree
Submit your current resume or curriculum vitae of professional experience. Please format your vitae as shown below and address each of the bulleted items listed. In each section, provide dates with the most recent date first.
- Education and Work Experience: Describe your education and work history including location, length of service, position, and your work with diverse populations
- Professional Development/Training: List career-related training and professional development programs completed within the past four years; include the source of training, the duration, and year completed
- Technology Training: Briefly describe your training and experience in information technology including software and telecommunications networks for business, education, teaching, and personal use
- Volunteer/Unpaid Service: List and describe any voluntary post-secondary employment and community service experience. Include the name of organization, length of service, and a brief description of duties
- Leadership Experience: Describe specific training and/or experiences you have had as a project leader, trainer or co-coordinator of change initiatives
Call or Text (509) 313-6240 or (866) 380-5323