Gonzaga University is accredited, as an institution, by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU), an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Education.
School of Education Mission Statement
The mission of the School of Education is to prepare socially responsive and discerning practitioners to serve their community and profession.
- We model and promote leadership, scholarship and professional competence in multiple specializations.
- We support an environment that is challenging, inclusive, reflective, and collegial.
- We foster inquiry, intellectual creativity, and evidence-based decision making to accept the challenges facing a global society
- We provide academic excellence in teaching, advising, service, and scholarship.
- We promote, support and respect diversity
The School of Education upholds the tradition of humanistic, Catholic, and Jesuit education and this tradition and mission are embodied in our theme statement: Preparing socially responsible professionals who serve with care, competence, and commitment.