The Integrated Media department offers three majors and three minors:
- Bachelor of Arts, Broadcast and Electronic Media Studies major
- Bachelor of Arts, Journalism major
- Bachelor of Arts, Public Relations major
- Minor in Broadcast and Electronic Media Studies
- Minor in Journalism
- Minor in Public Relations
Visual Literacy minor students take courses within the Art and Integrated Media departments at Gonzaga.
Please reference the 2021-2022 Undergraduate Catalog for course requirements specific to the Journalism major and minor.
- Courses in journalism history, media law and ethics, and press theory form the philosophical foundation for the major and minor.
- Journalism students, in their work, focus on issues of civic and cultural importance with a traditional news stance, but there are ample opportunities for experimentation with the styles of journalism appropriate for magazines, publications with a literary bent, and emerging Internet-based platforms. Students also hone their visual storytelling skills in courses such as photojournalism and emerging media.
- Students pursuing a major or minor in journalism choose from an array of elective courses, including literary journalism, news leadership, media ethics, emerging media, and sports writing.